The Coordinator of Faith Formation and Discipleship serves to design, implement, and oversee evangelization and discipleship efforts for the parish communities, primarily through relational ministry and catechetical leader formation. In addition, they establish a comprehensive catechetical program for families to engage in lifelong discipleship formation. The Coordinator of Faith Formation and Discipleship provides formation in knowing, loving, and serving Jesus to catechists, parents, and students, so that they can impact our community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Form relationships oriented toward Jesus.
- Recruit, form, and coordinate catechists and apostolate volunteers.
- Oversee catechesis for parents and children.
- Oversee sacramental preparation for Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, and Confession.
- Establish an evangelization and discipleship plan that reaches and serves the active, inactive, and unchurched in the parish and parish communities.
- Provides awakening and deepening faith opportunities through retreats, pilgrimages, talks, service, or other organized events.
- Facilitates personal faith growth among students, parents, and discipleship leaders, so as to promote faith growth in parish families.
- Critically examine and refine curriculum.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator.
This position is a full time position working approximately 40 hours per week.
This position would includes working some weekends, holidays, and holy days.
- Education - Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology, Religious Education, or other similar degree
- Experience - 3+years in Catholic parish ministry, or other Catholic ministry settings, with successful implementation of discipleship efforts: For example: Camp Tekakwitha, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, Catholic Evangelization Series, Catholic Youth Expeditions, Cursillo, Focus, Love Begins Here, mission trips, Missionary internships, pilgrimages, retreats, seminary or religious life formation, Steubenville conferences, Teens Encounter Christ, Spiritus, Theology of the Body
- Possesses a healthy spiritual maturity and commitment to spiritual growth
- Actively participates in the work of the Catholic Church and is able to partake in the full sacramental life of the Church
- Demonstrates the ability to articulate vision and motivate people to respond to it
- Possess the ability to assess needs, plan, organize, implement, direct, and evaluate
- Demonstrates creativity and innovation in planning with commitment to follow through and follow up
- Possesses the capacity to work effectively with a wide variety of people, exhibiting maturity, tact, and understanding; relating well the priest, parish staff, volunteers, parishioners, and the general public
- Possesses a high level of interpersonal ability and conflict resolution skills
Interested candidates can call with questions 920.757.5090 or submit a resume and cover letter including your vision for faith formation and parish discipleship to Fr. Michael Thiel: [email protected]
10 AM at St. Denis
8 AM at St. Patrick, Stephensville
*Monday 6 PM at St. Denis
Tuesday 6 PM at St. Denis
Wednesday 6 PM at St. Denis
Thursday 6:30 AM at St. Patrick
*Saturday 9 AM at St. Patrick
*Ad Orientem - 1st Monday & 3rd Saturday
Monday 5:30 PM at St. Denis
Tuesday 5:30 PM at St. Denis
Wednesday 5:30 PM at St. Denis
Thursday 7 AM at St. Patrick
Saturday 9:30 AM at St. Patrick
Father Michael is regularly available
after Masses or by appointment.
Monday 7-8 AM at St. Denis
Tuesday 7-8 AM at St. Denis
Wednesday 7-8 AM and 5:00-8:00 PM at St. Denis
Thursday 7 AM-Noon at St. Patrick
Saturday 9:30-10:30 AM at St. Patrick
Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri. 9 AM-4:30 PM
Weds. 9 AM-2:30 PM
After hours emergency line: 920.986.3369
Each person has an inherent dignity as a beloved child of God. The Diocese of Green Bay is committed to providing a safe environment in our parishes, in our schools, in our Faith Formation programs, and in all of our ministries, especially those that serve children, youth and individuals at risk. If you want to learn more about the programs and resources available through the Diocese of Green Bay to live out this commitment, please click on the following link: http://www.gbdioc.org/ministry-formation-portal/safe-environment.html.