The Coordinator of Faith Formation and Discipleship serves to design, implement, and oversee evangelization and discipleship efforts for two parish communities, primarily through relational ministry and catechetical leader formation. In addition, they oversee a comprehensive catechetical program for families to engage in lifelong discipleship formation. The Coordinator of Faith Formation and Discipleship provides formation in knowing, loving, and serving Jesus to catechists, parents, and students, so that they can impact our community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Form relationships oriented toward Jesus.
- Recruit, form, and coordinate catechists and apostolate volunteers.
- Oversee catechesis for parents and children.
- Oversee sacramental preparation for Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, and Confession.
- Establish an evangelization and discipleship plan that reaches and serves the active, inactive, and unchurched in the parish and parish communities.
- Provides awakening and deepening faith opportunities through retreats, pilgrimages, talks, service, or other organized events.
- Facilitates personal faith growth among students, parents, and discipleship leaders, so as to promote faith growth in parish families.
- Critically examine and refine curriculum.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Priest.
This would be a full time position and include benefits. This position would includes working some nights, weekends, and holy days.
We are seeking a passionate and vibrant witness to living the Catholic faith, who can run parish office operations while embodying the mission of the Catholic Church. As parishioners’ and guests’ initial contact with the Church, the office coordinator will provide a positive first impression of the faith and guide them to the appropriate next resource. Candidates should be trustworthy, coachable, have initiative, strong communication and organizing skills, be knowledgeable with technology, and be willing to invest in these parishes.
- Office operations/administrative assistant
- Accounting and bookkeeping
- Initial moments of evangelization
We would prefer candidates to have experience in these or related fields. A job description would be tailored to fit the talents of the person hired for this parish staff team. Flexible scheduling may include some nights and weekends. This would be a full time position and include benefits. If you are interested in part time work covering part of the responsibilities, please indicate that in your cover letter.
For an expanded list of responsibilities for either position or to submit a resume and cover letter, interested candidates should email Fr. Michael Thiel: [email protected]